Please include the following materials with your application:
- Cover letter/letter of interest
- Thesis abstract – one page
- Statement of research plans (1-3 pages). This should describe your commitment to pursuing an academic career and include discussion of who you will work with at UNC Charlotte. Please note: You must have obtained the sponsorship of a tenured/senior tenure track faculty member (other than your PhD dissertation advisor) who is willing to serve as your primary mentor at UNC Charlotte
- Copies of unofficial graduate transcripts
- Personal statement on why you should be selected for this program including personal background and contributions to diversity and equal opportunity through your academic career (1-3 pages)
- Education and Background Statement (1 page)
- Writing sample (e.g. publications and/or dissertation chapters please limit to 35 pages not including citations/references)
- Contact information for three references. One letter should be from the applicant’s dissertation advisor or faculty mentor
As an EOE/AA employer and an ADVANCE Institution that strives to create an academic climate in which the dignity of all individuals is respected and maintained, the University of North Carolina at Charlotte encourages applications from all underrepresented groups.
The candidate chosen for this position will be required to provide an official transcript of their highest earned degree and will be subject to a criminal background check.